Hello all you lovely readers. I wanted to catch you up on some things that are in the bloggy world and some that are going on around Pointing Up.
1. Heather from Simply Heather is celebrating reaching 500 followers. Be sure to stop by and enter to win a $25 Starbucks giftcard. You know I will be entering that mug everyday! ;)
SimplyHeather: 500 Followers & My First Giveaway
2. You can still get involved in a special cause to help raise awareness and funds for children's hospitals specializing in treating kids with cancer. This is such an amazing story from Marie of Listening Rather Than Speaking. This is not a method for Marie to gain followers, it is just something she is very passionate about and something that we can do to make a difference in a child's life. Read the full story and enter the giveaway benefiting Children's Hospitals here or by clicking the coffee mug in the right side bar.
3. As you may have noticed (or may not have noticed d:) I have added a new tab to the Pointing Up page called "Reach Ethiopia". This is all about my mission last year to Ethiopia and explaining how you can make it happen again this year by getting involved whether in prayer support or in financial support. Check out that page here.
4. And last but certainly not least, soon and very soon I will be spearheading a BRAND NEW link up! Yay! I know what you may be thinking... "seriously, another one?" Well yes! Another one. :) But this one is a little different in the sense that it is targeted for unmarried bloggers and bloggers who may be married but do not have kids. So and unmarried or un-mommy link up. There are so many great blogs out there all about motherhood and wife-hood, but it is sometimes hard to find bloggers who are in the same place in life as you. I love connecting with all the mommy and wifey bloggers, but this link up will be specifically designed to help us all connect with ladies who are in the same spot. It will change from week to week what social networking site we will link up with. This will allow us to meet some bloggers and then connect more and more with the ones we have really hit it off with. I am hoping that many more and better friendships will be made through this link up. Let me know if you would be interested in co-hosting this link up. More details will be coming soon!
5. Okay, I couldn't resist making it an even 5 :D
I have some really awesome sponsors over there ----> on my side bar. I encourage you to check them out. Seriously, they are wonderful ladies! I will highlight just one of them... Tess from The Framed Lady.
This lady is so sweet and I so enjoy hanging out around her blog. If you have a list of blogs you frequent hers would be one to add to your list. You can read more about Tess on the guest post she did with me this last week (here) and you can go on by and give her a visit (here).
Hope you kicked off the weekend with some fun and friends, I know I did :D
Also the Cardinals won, so.... yea!