We have all been doing it for weeks now. Some got it done earlier than others. Some (like me) are still working on it....
Decorating for Christmas.
For the most part, it is pretty much the same decorations in the same place just about every year. This year I wanted to make some editions to my Christmas decorations, and more than that, I wanted to make them myself! I have a super easy one for you today. Great for older kids to do with you too! Or you can just do it yourself, which is what I did. :)
Here's what ya need:1. Card board letters to spell any word your little heart desires.
2. Several different colors/patterns of paper.
(I went through Home Alone 1, 2, & yes even 3)
Then you tear the paper into strips. This really depends on how you would like them to look in the end. I did mine a little bit messy so that the end result would look more random and colorful.
After you have covered the letter with strips of paper, coat the entire letter with another coat of modge podge, making sure there are no corners or edges sticking up. Then just set it aside to dry.
And when it is all said and done you have some fun Christmas decorations to add to a shelf or table!
I have already gotten several compliments on them. :)
And now lets head to the Bloggers for Christmas link up!
Luckily, the Rules are Simple:
1. Follow your Hosts via GFC - they'll have (HOST) next to their names.
2. Add the "Bloggers for Christmas" badge to your sidebar or post - you can get the code from the grab box above.
3. Link up using your main blog URL -or- the URL to a specific Christmas-related blog post.
4. Spread the Christmas cheer and visit some other links! Follow on GFC/Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Etc. and feel free to leave encouraging comments!