Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Merry Mrs. Mobley {guest post}

Ok everyone, I have someone very special to present to you today...
Lauren of The Merry Mrs. Mobley!
This girlie is so sweet, genuine, and so much fun. She is just herself 100% of the time, and her blogs shows it. She has a blog that is a must read! I encourage you to swing by and check things out and be sure to say a big hello from me ;)
Ok, shutting up now, here is Lauren to share a GREAT recipe with you.

Hello to all of Dalayna's fabulous readers! My name is Lauren and I post over at the merry mrs. mobley about the ins and outs of my life as a newlywed-ish teacher. After you make the fabulous recipe I am about to share, I'd love it if you stopped by to say hello!





I'd heard a few things about this magical "salsa chicken" recipe on Pinterest and a few blogs. Every one raved about how wonderful it tasted and how super easy it was to prepare. Well, with those few words I knew I had to give it a try. I took the basic recipe found online and add my own twist on it to satisfy my hubby's black hole of a stomach. Let me know what you think!



Ingredients
 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 cup salsa

1 package taco seasoning
 1 cup sour cream
2 ears of cooked corn on the cob (or a can)
1 can black beans

Directions 
Mix soup, salsa and taco seasoning in the bottom of your crockpot.  
Sink chicken breasts into the mixture, covering completely.  
Cook on low
for 5 – 6 hours depending on size of chicken breasts.
Remove chicken, shred and return to the crock pot.  
Add sour cream, corn (sliced off of cob), and black beans.
Mix well.  
Heat until everything is warmed through.  
Enjoy!


This tastes yummy with Tostito chips or with a bowl of rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment