Thursday, August 30, 2012

A word from chaos

Today we all have the privilege of hearing from Mia from The Chronicles of Chaos. I think we all get in funks and, try as we may, get a little stuck. Here are some words from Mia on the topic:

Hi there, faithful Pointing Up readers! I'm Mia from The Chronicles of Chaos blog.  And I want to talk to you today about the blues, the blahs, the bah humbugs.

Do you ever just feel down sometimes?  For real apparent reason? No, this isn't a commercial for depression, but sometimes I do wish there was a magic cure for the blahs.

Lately, I've been feeling restless and exhausted and just not myself.  Nothing has been able to shake this funk that I'm in.  Not even chocolate cheers me up, so you know it's bad!

Source
Maybe it's the fact that summer is just about over.  Maybe it's because I've been sick the past few days.  Maybe it's because my oldest son will be 4 next month and I feel like he is growing up so quickly.  He's potty trained and so independent now and doesn't want need mommy's help.  Maybe it's because I've had the most terrible insomnia lately and stay up way too late and have to get up way too early.  Maybe it's all of the above.

When I start to feel this way for too long, I try to make a list of all the blessings I have in my life.  My beautiful kids, my loving hubby.  The fact that I have a roof over my head and a job to help provide for our family. My awesome friends, both real life and bloggy.  My dad, who is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. Thinking about these things always helps to lift my spirits.

And so I tell myself it's OK to be down every once in awhile, because I'm only human.  But after awhile, it's time to pick myself back up, brush myself off, and snap out of it! Life is too short and too beautiful to sit around feeling sorry for myself.

So, tell me - What do you guys do when you're feeling down in the dumps? How do you snap out of it?  What are you most thankful for? 

P.S. Thanks to the lovely Dalayna for having me on Pointing Up today!  She rocks! And I hope you guys will stop by my blog and visit sometime.  That will definitely cheer me up! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Mia! When I'm feeling down, I buy something new. Work remedy? New cheap earrings. Home a mess? Something small like a frame. IDK why but new things excite me! I also thank God for my family, my friends, Starbucks, the ability to say "I made that," my church, the feeling of accomplishment when I vacuum my way out of a room and SO much more!

    ReplyDelete