Saturday, July 28, 2012

no introductions needed

A couple of weeks ago I heard a lady talking about a particular event that she wanted to go to, about all the great people that would be there, & how she really thought she needed to go be around people who would influence her in her faith. I could tell she really wanted things to change in her life. She wanted to find her faith again; she wanted to be re-introduced to God. All this made me think about my faith in the Lord. I think it is so cool that my God does not need introduction, in fact he is too much to introduce! He is so great and so loving that he meets us right where we are. Yes, many of us are introduced to the Lord through church, our parents, or our friends, but God doesn't really need that. He makes himself known. All of creation is a symbol of God's existence. 


In one of my classes in college called Systematic Theology, we discussed whether or not it was possible for someone who had never heard about Jesus to put their faith in him. That was a hard concept for me to think about let alone form an opinion on. First of all it is hard to imagine never hearing the name of Jesus, because America has been so exposed to it, thank the Lord. But there are places, many places, where the name of Jesus has never been spoken or heard of. And I raise the question again, is it possible for them to come to the knowledge of God without anyone telling them? Honestly, I am not all-knowing, I will leave that to God, but I can say what I have come to believe myself. I believe it is possible. I believe that EVERYONE will put their faith in something, and I believe that my God is great enough to confirm his existence to his people. He can use things in creation, in those remote parts of the world, to point to himself. I know there are times when I am among nature and I just have to stop and stand amazed at the revelation of God all around me.
"The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made."
Psalm 145:13-16
If you do not know the Lord personally you don't have to have an introduction. You don't need a person to walk you up & introduce him to you. He knows you.
"My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:15-16
He is your God already, if you will just accept his as so. You are like a child he has been waiting to come home. When we choose God we are adopted as part of his family. We are already his, he created us, he knows us, but it is our choice whether or not we will make him ours. 
No introductions needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment