Thursday, April 4, 2013

After: Timed & Unedited


After college life has not been what I expected it to be. One thing I have learned and continue to learn is that things are never what you think they will be; they are never how you actually picture it to be before hand. After college life looked so exciting and promising when I was racing to the end. And when I was in High School, the after college looked even more different than it did when I was facing it. It has not been the free ride, do whatever you want to do, exciting journey that I thought it would be. It has been hard work, yes sometimes lonely, frustrating, confusing... and yet it has still been wonderful.

I think that the hard, lonely, frustrating, & confusing times are the best times to grow in your identity, in your future, and to grow with God. And all of those things really describe a lot about this season of my life. Growth. And as far as growing into your future, that couldn't be more true. I think it is always easier to encourage others than it is to encourage ourselves, but truly if we expect to have an incredible future it isn't going to fit us now, we are going to have to do some growing in order to have a perfect fit.

Today I am linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday.


9 comments:

  1. Dalayna (beautiful name, by the way), I hope your after college days will be challenging AND rewarding! Love the part about growing into the perfect fit :) Linking up from FMF. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in good company! It seems throughout scripture, the times when God's people experienced some of the largest moments of growth and blessing - were during outwardly very difficult/lonely/frustrating/etc. times. May God be with you even now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can chuckle just a bit. I expect that you are around the same age as my oldest son, my assumption of course. Your words are so much like the conversations I have had with him. "Can't wait to get out of high school." To which I replied - "Stop worrying about getting out and enjoy it while you are there." He learned, but only after that I was right. Yes, difficult times are a time go grow - but I also think those are the times when God is telling us to stop hurrying ourselves to something "better" and just enjoy TODAY. It is indeed a hard lesson to grab hold of, but so worth it if you can manage.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very honest and from-the-heart post, and I really like that. I hope you find your way, I'm feeling similar (graduating from my masters in September) so if you ever want a chat, drop me an email xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great outlook you have. I agree - it's never what you expected, but often wonderful and amazing in it's own way. Keep growing. You are becoming the woman He wants you to be. What a gift. Thank you for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many times our after does not look like we thought it would but praise God it is always as He has planned for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You hit the nail on the head girl. College was nothing like I expected it to be, and after college is even more unpredictable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it. honestly as hard as it it, lately i've been loving the growing part. sometimes it makes me cry, or cringe or wallow, but in the end i grow and thats the best feeling... parenthood for me is a biggie i didn't expect. you think of babies. babies babies babies... forgetting that they will grow up with personalities that want to defy and laugh at you...eeesh... but even learning how to handle it is growth on my part... love you friend...

    ReplyDelete