Tuesday, April 17, 2012

You > Sparrows


This song was really on my heart today. Several things throughout the day brought these words to my memory. I read from Jeremiah 46 this morning. God was speaking through Jeremiah, telling the Israelites that even though many of them would be killed in war, they were still his chosen people, and he still had a plan. Verse 28 says,
 Do not be afraid, Jacob my servant, 
   for I am with you,” declares the LORD. “Though I completely destroy all the nations    among which I scatter you,    I will not completely destroy you. I will discipline you but only in due measure;    I will not let you go entirely unpunished.”


Many times the Israelites thought that God had completely turned his back on them and forsaken them forever. God reminds them that he will have mercy and he will preserve his people.
Thinking about this, it brought back thoughts and feelings from a time not too long ago when I was asking God to be there for me. During that time I remember asking God,
"When are you going to stand up for me? I know that I am following you and being obedient, but why do I look like the one who is missing the mark? Why do I always get the short straw? Will I ever be justified? Will you just let me know that you are on my side?!"
 I truly felt like I would never get out of that place;  I felt like I would never come out on top. But it was so cool that God brought these words back to my mind today, because it was a lesson I had to learn while going through that season. (It's great how God will remind us of things to show us how great he is and how much we have grown through him) And what I thought was an impossible circumstance that I was in, turns out to be just another fire that God has brought me through; a refining fire that may have destroyed who I was, but outside of the fire it allowed God to remold me and reshape me into who I am now. 2 Corinthians 12:9,10 says,
 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Even though those times in our lives are difficult, they are necessary; they are beneficial. No matter what season or circumstance we find ourselves in, we can remind ourselves that God is for us, and "if God is for us, who can be against us?" You must know that God is not going to forget about you. God doesn't have a back burner. We are always in the front of his mind. Going to end with one final verse that I LOVE (going to be on my arm tomorrow!) Matthew 10:29-31 says,

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

You are worth more than many sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment