Tuesday, April 10, 2012

to write His love on my arm

The bible... wow... such a powerful thing God has given us. Seriously, what other book can speak straight to our spirits and be such a source of power and transformation?

Growing up, we were encouraged to memorize scripture verses. It was fun, and there were always rewards! But as you grow older, no one makes sure you are memorizing the bible and there are NO tangible incentives. Nevertheless, we so desperately need it. The word of God is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. So without the word, we are walking aimlessly in the dark, hoping that we are on the right path.

It is not enough to just read the Bible, we need to know it, we need to be ready at any time to speak the words of God to any situation. We need to be ready to present the word of God to anyone who may bring it into question or need a word of encouragement. 2 Timothy 4:2
 Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.
We need, I need, the word of God IN me; in my heart, in my thoughts, and in my mouth. I am making a personal challenge, and a challenge to whoever would like to join me, to know the word of God; to intentionally take time to read it, meditate on it, learn it, understand it, and MEMORIZE it.  Everyday I am going to write a scripture reference on my arm. This will be the verse that I am going to focus on memorizing and meditating on. It may be the same verse for several days or it may be a new one everyday, I am just gonna go with it. As I go about my day I will look at my arm and repeat those wonderful, life-giving words. When someone asks me what is on my arm or why I wrote on my arm, I will recite the powerful words from God that testify of His great love. In a sense, I will be writing God's love on my arm.
OBJECTIVES FOR THE CHALLENGE
>I believe that I will grow in my knowledge and understanding of Christ.
>I will know, truly know, and be able to quote more of the bible.
>I believe that it will open opportunities for me to read a part of God's love letter to someone everyday.

I will be posting a picture of my verse everyday. Keep me accountable, and I hope to see a picture of your verse too! Let me know if you are joining and we can work together to grow in the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment